Friday, August 03, 2007

I almost had what it takes.




Friday at the KTI Cool Zone at the Wisconsin State Fair I got the chance to see if I was a good enough athlete to train to become an Olympian. The US Bobsled team was here and looking for Men and Women to train for the 2010 Olympics. They tested me in five catagories. Vertical Jump, Medicine ball throw, and 3 different sprints. To be asked to Lake Placid New York to train you needed to achieve a score of 300, I fell a little short totalling 290. Just two points higher on each event and Lake Placid "HERE I COME".








After the testing they asked me to get on the ice to try the skeleton, which as they described as a lunch tray where you can't steer or brake and normally travel at 60 MPH or more down a mountain.. that's sounds really cool. Next came the big shocker they want me to wear what? A SKIN TIGHT Bobsled suit. After 10 minutes I had the bottom of the suit on only to learn that I put it on backwards the zipper goes on the back? Oh s*^#! So I had to take it off and try again this time I got help from one of the bobsledders 15 minutes later I was dressed for success as a bobsledder.



It's always a lot of fun here inside the KTI Cool Zone at the fair. A new adventure awaits Monday hopefully without the skin tight suit that leaves nothing to the imagination.










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home