Monday, July 23, 2007

Golf the greatest fundraiser






Who knew when I started to learn how to golf that it would be something that would also help raise money for groups that do many great things for others. Next Monday July 30th I'll be helping again with the Bobbie Nick Voss 2nd annual golf outing at North Hills. Bobbie was a wonderful woman that I have only met through her friends and family unfortunately she and her loved ones were effected by Colon Cancer. She was one of many that has died of Colon Cancer a Cancer that is easily detectable with a colorectal screening. Last year I had a colonoscapy to make sure I was healthy and the Doctors at Froedert found a couple of non cancerous pollops. Just like Bobbie's family and friends I had a loved one pass away from Colon Cancer. When I was just 5 years old my father died of colon cancer. Knowing the information about Colon Cancer and being preventitive with your health care can keep you from being another statistic. If detected early, colorectal cancer can be successfully treated 90% of the time. The most common symptom of colon cancer is no symptom.


If you're interested in joining me by golfing call 262-754-9191 or go to Bobbiesays.com




Come play with me so you can help me find my ball!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home