Thursday, April 06, 2006

Bring your "A" game


So last night I and some other employees from WKTI, WTMJ, and Todays TMJ 4 got together for a trip back to our youth. We played kickball. The same game we played as kids is now being played by adults around Milwaukee, it's actually a sanctioned league event. While waiting for the bouncing ball to come rolling towards me to kick I was thinking you know this is pretty fun and a little harder than I remember back in grade school.

In grade school I remember kicking the ball further than I can kick even now. Have I gotten bad? Am I on the downside of my kick ball career? Maybe I should have seen the signs of my skills not being what they once were and called my retirement press conference after Mrs Hauser's 5th grade English class. But I can't give it up, the game of kickball has a hold on me. Now I know what Brett Favre is going through. He still loves the cheer of the crowd or for me the 3 people watching and clapping when you make a nice catch... The spirit of competition... The camaraderie of the locker room with your teammates... or for me making fun of someone else on the team having the ball bounce off their head. After my ridiculously bad kick my first time up... I got two singles and scored the tying run and made a couple of nice plays in the field.. So maybe my skills haven't gone completely away... Maybe I'll see if anyone wants to play whiffle ball or steal the bacon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home