Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Love of the Dance


Yes the Dance. When did my love of the Dance begin? I'm not really sure maybe it was 7th grade gym class when we, here in Wisconsin, learned to Polka, or maybe at the 8th grade dance when some of my friends bet me to leave the wall where all the boys were hanging out afraid to dance with the girls or in front of anyone, and dance to Rick Springfield. Somehow I got over the fear of dancing in front of others. So when I got the call about a local "Dancing with the Stars" to raise money for the David M Sherman Center for Cancer Care, I thought why not have some fun and leave the wall and get out there and dance.

The Celebrity Dance challenge gives me about 3 weeks to learn a ballroom dance with my professional dance partner Suzana Gossett and a chance to help raise money for people that are certainly in need. Suzana and I are doing a Samba with a little funky funk funk. Even though I have rhythm and can dance a little bit..This ballroom thing is a whole new ball game. I'm practicing hard to not embarrass myself April 19th at the Pfister Grand ball room. The event starts at 7:30 and is a competition, with the audience getting 20% of the vote, so the more KTI listeners that can come and support me and support a worthy cause the better. Tickets for the event are available at the registration desk at the Pfister's grand ballroom for $15.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home